Todays common fitness mistake is all about those people who think that training needs to be 100 miles an hour and performed at maximum intensity to see great results.
The go hard or go home attitude for training has been famed by many a fitness model, bodybuilder, strongman athlete alike in the past and the phrase itself takes pride of place among many gym walls, t-shirts, vest etc.
A quick google search provides plenty of memes and comical bodybuilding motivation videos of jacked up guys throwing weights around. (It’s no wonder gyms are seen to be intimidating places for most).
We are pleased to say however that this approach is not necessary when seeking great results from your time in the gym, for many reasons;
- Individuals with young children, working professionals, or students who all lead busy and stressful lives potentially don’t have the energy to ‘go hard’ in the gym every single day with some much going on which must mean they are better off going home right?
It is possible to make great progress, lose weight, get stronger and build muscle without leaving yourself in a pool of blood sweat and tears crawling off of the gym floor.
2. Training hard every single day may achieve great short term progress but will probably lead to a disappearance in motivation or injury.
To ‘Go hard’ before going home everyday will takes its toll on a persons body. Without adequate recovery or some lighter training days factored in (two terms not associated with the ‘go hard’ mentality) you are likely to end up resenting going to the gym or end up causing injury, both leading to a lack of long term progress.
Smart, sustainable periodised training will get the best long term results. When exercises are executed correctly at appropriate intestines great things happen. When this is repeatedly done over time and slowly progressed once safe to do so great results come. There really isn’t a need to kill yourself in the gym, you can achieve great results, walk up and down the stairs and get up unsupported off the toilet following workouts and still make progress.
If you’re feeling stuck with your training and need guidance, accountability, want to try something new or enjoy how we approach things then we would love to help you out.
- DOWNLOAD OUR FREE 5 KEY PILLARS TO HEALTH AND FITNESS SUCCESS HERE.
- DOWNLOAD AND WATCH COACH ISAAC’S FREE SEMINAR ON HOW TO STRUCTURE YOUR TRAINING HERE.
- CONTACT US AND BOOK A FREE TASTER SESSION TO COME AND EXPERIENCE ONE OF OUR TRAINING PROGRAMMES HERE.